Beetroot and Roasted Pista Raita
¾ cup American Pistachios
1½ cups yogurt
¼ cup blanched beetroot puree
½ tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
¼ tsp roasted cumin powder
12-15 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
Fresh mint sprigs and leaves for garnish
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 0-5 minutes
- Dry roast the American Pistachios for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Transfer on a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the roasted into a food processor jar and process to a coarse powder.
- Whisk the yogurt till smooth and lump free. Add beetroot puree and whisk till well combined.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, and roasted cumin powder and mix well.
- Reserve some of the powdered American Pistachios for garnish and add the rest into the yogurt mixture. Add mint leaves and lightly mix. Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with reserved powdered American Pistachios, mint sprig and mint leaves.