Courtesy of Sweet Paul Magazine
Such an easy recipe that never fails. The pistachio in the dough adds a crunch and a wonderful
flavor to this Italian classic.
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons olive oil+extra for topping
2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
1/3 cup shelled Pistachios
- Mix water, yeast and honey in a bowl and leave for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the mixture should be foamy, if it’s not the yeast is dead and you will have to start over.
- Add flour, Pistachios, salt and oil and mix until you have a smooth dough. The dough will be on the loose side.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Oil a baking pan and pour the dough onto the pan.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.Use your fingers to press the dough out so it covers the whole pan.
- Add salt and pistachios and bake until golden about 25 minutes.Cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.