Pistachio, Asparagus and Blue Cheese Risotto
280 g Risotto rice (Short grain like Arborio)
60 ml Extra virgin olive oil
40 g Onion
50 ml White wine
16 g Lemon zest
250 g Asparagus
60 g Parmesan
40 g Unsalted butter
800 ml Vegetable stock
100 g California Pistachios
60 g Blue Cheese
5 g Micro green for garnish
20 g Salt
10 g Black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add finely chopped onions, sauté till translucent.
- Now add risotto rice, sauté for a minute.
- Deglaze with white wine, until wine evaporates; add little stock and continue cooking on slow flame gradually.
- Keep repeating till risotto is about to be cooked
- Blanch asparagus separately and mix with the risotto.
- Finish risotto with unsalted butter, pistachios, blue cheese and grated parmesan. Stir it vigorously (preferably with a fiber spatula) until it gets a creamy texture.
- For garnishing, sprinkle pistachio shavings/flakes, crumble blue cheese and a bit of microgreen.
- Adjust the seasoning. Finish with parsley and drizzle balsamic reduction on top.