Pista Nimbu Kebab
1 kg Chicken (Boneless Thigh Pieces)
400 g California Pistachios
100 g Yellow chilli powder
50 ml Lemon juice
3 g Lemon zest
50 ml Cream
200 g Ghee
50 g White pepper powder
100 g Ginger and garlic paste
400 g Yoghurt (hung)
50 g Turmeric powder
1 no. Banana leaf
Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into thin slices. Marinate it with little lemon juice, salt & ginger garlic paste.
- Keep the marinated chicken in the chiller for 1 hour.
- Blanch pistachio kernels and ensure that all skin is removed. Then make a fine paste (paste should be thick)
- Add pistachio paste, yogurt, white pepper, yellow chilli powder, turmeric, lemon zest, salt and little ghee to the marinated chicken. Mix well.
- Now, wrap the marinated chicken with banana leaves.
- Heat an Iron plate (tawa), put ghee and place the wrapped chicken in the ghee. Cook on slow flame till done.
- Serve hot.